This year was our first year that Jay is deployed during the holidays so for Thanksgiving day I made it my goal to make the day special for the kids. It was just the three of us, but the day was a good day. We started out by watching the Thanksgiving Day parade and boy did Kaden love that. He got so excited when he recognized the characters on the baloons, his favorite: Mickey Mouse dressed up as a sailor. While the kids watched the parade I was busy in the kitchen working on my rolls.
Kaden got ahold of the camera and took this picture of me right before I was about to make the rolls.
Our dinner: Turkey, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, jello, stuffing, homemade rolls and gravy with raspberry lemonaide.
Both kids loved the food, the turkey especially
Kaden asked if he could take my picture for Daddy, so I gave him the camera. He did a good job at taking it for only being 4.
Of course what would Thanksgiving day be without pumpkin pie
We finished the day off by having pie while we watched Mupets Christmas Carol . The kids and I had a good day, missed Jay a lot, but they at least had fun. Oh, and my night got great with a special call from Jay later on after the kids were in bed! Love those phone calls!
1 comment:
Hey, I just came across your cute blog by clicking the "next blog" tab at the top of the page. I recently started a new blog, hoping to connect with other moms, and gather information and advice from others.
Feel free to check it out, and leave comments of advice or opinions. :)
Post a Comment