It has been far too many years, 9 to be exact, since I've been to the temple. But thanks to a dear friend of mine getting sealed to her husband and inviting us we were able to go. We got up super early and were on the road by 7:30. It takes almost 4 hours to get there from our house, but it was well worth the trip. We had to bring the kids with us, but they had a lot of fun so it was worth it. We went into the temple at 11 am and didn't come out again until 4 pm. We got invited to attend the Endowment session for her husband and their sealing which was immediately afterwards.
This trip was exactly what I personally needed. Jay and I made a family goal almost 6 months ago to get back to the temple before the end of this year. Being invited by my friend to be there and apart of her sealing was perfect timing. It felt so wonderful to walk back through the temple doors and be in the Lord's house once again. I went in with a few questions and came out feeling like they had been answered. And my friend's family was truly wonderful to spend the day with.
My dear friend's family invited us to join them for dinner and we had such a wonderful time talking with everyone and just socializing after such a fantastic day. And as it turned out it was also our Stake temple day so we ran into so many members of our ward while we were there too.
We just arrived at the temple and the first thing I had to do was get a photo of it. DC Temple!
When we came out of the temple it was raining, it never stopped raining the whole way home.
I love seeing this as I walked into the temple.
My dear sweet friend and her family.
Thanks to the rain we couldn't do any outdoor photos, but the Visitor Center has this gorgeous statue of Christ that was just perfect for taking some photos.
Kaden looking up at Christ
A must have was a new family photo
Catlin was my little angle for the ward member who watched the kids
Still raining, but another great shot of the temple before we left to go get dinner.
2 comments:
Michelle, you are one of the dearest friends I could have, and the day wouldn't have felt right without you there to witness this special day. I am eternally grateful for the example that you and your wonderful family are to mine. It was very easy including you for dinner with my family, as that is what I think of you guys - Family!
Michelle,
Thank you for being such an amazing friend. I am eternally grateful for the example that you and your family are to mine. My special day wouldn't have felt right without you and Jay being present.
Including you with my family for dinner was very easy, as that is what I consider you guys - Family.
Post a Comment