This week has been interesting to say the least. Jay found out that he didn't even have to do PTS this time. He has so much time left on his contract that he didn't have to do it, but he did because that is what he was told to do. For him it was just a formality. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about that any more. It is a massive stress on those who go through it.
On a more interesting front, sea duty has returned to normal. The ship is apparently fixed, darn it. They left the other day to once again begin the underways that will lead up to a deployment later this year. That is something I'm honestly not looking forward to. Granted we wont be doing the full deployment, only until late December early Janurary, but still Jay will miss a lot of things. Jay will miss both girls birthdays, Catlin's first birthday no less. He'll very possibly miss Catlin's first steps not to mention very possibly her first Christmas. That will be hard on both of us, I just know it. I just have to keep reminding myself that this will be our last deployment for 3 years.
Starting this week Jay will be looking at orders for shore duty. He knows exactly what he wants to do and we're praying he'll get those orders. He wants to be an instructor, it will be good for his career and it's something he actually has an interest in. If he gets the orders he wants we wont have to move, which I don't want to do at all. I like it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment