For the first time ever I made it to full term. I will just say that was not fun or pleasant. I spent the last 5 almost 6 weeks having contractions on an almost daily basis that were 2-5 min apart which sent me to Labor and Delivery 7 times. It was so agravating to not dialate, but have the contractions oh and be on bed rest. At my 39 week apointment I got checked out and was almost at 4cm dialated. They sent me home, even with poping out contractions every 2 min. So I made the choice to sit on a yoga ball and do whatever it took to get that last little bit so that I could have her the next day. It worked!
On Tuesday Nov. 8 I went in to L&D and was at 4cm!! That meant they had to keep me, or so I thought. The midwife on call wanted to send me home, but I pushed the issue using the arguement of how the previous dr's told me they would keep me if I hit that 4 cm mark. So I got to stay, but had to once again sit on a yoga ball to see if that would help me dialate further, even though both Jay and I told them it wouldn't. They didn't believe us and so 3 hours later they were finally convinced to admit me and break my water for me. That did the trick. 15 min after they broke my water I was begging for the epidural. Again, just like with Kaden, it took forever for them to show up and give it to me. Unlike with Kaden this time they were not fast enought. I got the epidural and the next thing I know I want to push. Sure enough in less than 1 hr 30 min I'd gone from 4 cm to fully dialated. The dr's had to be rushed in and in less that 10 min Catlin was born at 5:43pm. She is a healthy 7lbs 10 oz, my biggest baby yet.
It's been 2 weeks and for the most part we're all adjusting quite well to her being part of our family. Miya is curious about her and the kids just love her to pieces.
1 comment:
Congratulations Michelle!! What scary deliveries you must have. Way to be a trooper. Do you pronounce her name like cat or like kate? Very cute!
Post a Comment