Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good bye summer

Well all our summer plans are gone now.  Thank you ship, your timing is crap.  Jay's ship is out of the maintence now and just as fast they are doing a ton of underways, all this summer and into the fall.  I can't say the exact number of times they are going out or when, but boy will this make for a very long summer for me.  When Jay told me the news a few days ago I snapped.  We've known these underways were coming up for months, but what I wasn't prepared for was him missing some important events with my pregnancy.  He'll be missing the big ultrasound and very strong possibility of the birth.  That was just some news I wasn't prepared for and it hit me hard.  What little time Jay is home this summer will be spent looking/buying a new car, preparing the baby's room, shopping for the needed baby items and spending as much time with the kids as possible.

I'm lucky that my mom's coming out for a visit in a few weeks or I don't know what I'd do.  It's not that we're not used to these underways, we are.  I am just not having the best time being pregnant right now and was really hoping to have Jay around more than he will be.  Sadly, the navy will own him once again.  Our saving grace is that the one and only deployment we'll have with this ship isn't until next year.  The kids and I will still try to do fun things, but it wont be the same without Jay.  I've actually lost count of how many summers we've not had him home for now.  Heck, he's only been home for 1 of Annabelle's birthdays and will be once again possibly missing that again this year.  So while I may understand and accept that these underways happen, I am also counting down to the day when we are officially on shore duty and can have Jay home more than he has been in the last 5 years.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry! That must be so hard to have him gone during your pregnancy.