A few months back I noticed something about my self and those I am around that required me to make a change. I noticed a lot of negativity, anger and just missery in my life and how it was affecting me as well as the family. So I made the choice that has certianly changed me in ways I couldn't have imagined. I chose to find possitives in every part of life. Sure I get bad days and days where I just want to pull my hair out, but I can still find something that was good about those days and choose to focus on that. At first the choice was a challenge but then it got easier and better with time. Just reciently I've seen the dramatic changes that have happened since making that choice. The blessings that have come into our lives are amazing, the kids are much happier, my marriage is better than ever before, and I'm a happier person.
Just in the last few weeks blessings have come to Jay with his job, he's a work center supervisor in his division and he got a NAM. Jay had been wanting to be a work center supervisor for a while and it just never happened. He got on the IKE and bam it happens. This is a position of leadership which will be great for his career. The NAM, was something we had given up on. Back when he was on the Nimitz he'd been promised so many things in the last year we were attached to the ship that ended up all being broken. So when this last and final promise of a NAM was made we hoped he'd get it, but also knew it could just be another broken promise. Well this last week he was given the NAM (Navy Accomidation Medal). This is a big deal, it isn't easy to get one of these medals, and it looks great for his career. He had a ceremony for it and all (pictures to come once he gets them).
So many changes have been happening since that choice to be happy and find the good in every aspect of life. Too often any more there is a huge focus on the negative and quite honestly I got sick of it. I'm making the choice to be happy. I deffinantly have my challenges in life, heck I'm teaching in Primary now, but there is so much good out there. I've got too many blessings and too much good going on to not see how the choice to find the good in life has impacted me. I know I've lost friends over this choice, and you know what I'm okay with that. I am making the choice to be happy and be okay with who I am.
1 comment:
Good for you! Your attitude is the one thing you can choose and it makes a huge impact on all other things.
Post a Comment