With so much going on its going to take me a few days to fully update all that we've been up to. So while I have some time this morning I thought I would start with the biggest change in our family, Kaden started school. I know its summer, but he was accepted into a special summer program and its to help him with his autitism. And honestly he is thriving at school. He got to pick out his backpack and loves getting to ride the "yellow school bus" (his words). In just the short time he's been in school he's already showing so many signs of growth and improvement. My fridge is getting plastered with all of his art work which is not a bad thing.
Part of his school program he is also learning about potty training. We've been trying for a good 2 years to get him to communicate and use the toliet for going with nothing but failure. In the last week and a half he has gone from not communicating to doing so and actually knowing how to recognize that he needs to go. Its been great. We have high hopes that by the time Jay comes home from his deployment (he's still here, things changed so we don't know when he's going out now) that Kaden will no longer be in diapers. He is learning so much in this program that I can't wait for him to actually start school in the fall.
These are just a few shots from his first day of school. He had to show off is backpack which has ended up being the best decision he could have made. The rest of the boys in his class have Spiderman backpacks. He has his obsession Transformers. And yes, I do mean obsession..JPG)
Another thing that has been going on is Annabelle's late night snack. About an hour after the kids are in bed Jay and I will make popcorn to munch on while we relax. Now, we make our own using an air popper, not microwave, and the last few times we made it someone would wake up and demand a snack. So the other night I grabed the camera and took these. As you can see, she is quite proud of herself.
1 comment:
Glad to hear Kaden's loving school. Gavin was pretty stocked about his new backpack and bus too! Good memories!
Post a Comment