Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Parties

With today being Tax Day (evil government) there are Tax Day Tea Parties going on all over the country. And I'm all for them! I firmly believe our government has had too much power for too long and now they are taking it too far. Just yesterday I read an article on www.drudgereport.com that our new Homeland Secruity Head was acusing the vets coming home from Iraq and Afganastan of being dangerous. How dare this government say that the very people who fight to keep all of us free and safe! These tea parties are the way we sound a wake up call to Washington that we are watching what they do with our money and we are not happy!
These tea parties are about the very reason we had one 200+ years ago, no taxation without representation! They are about how out of control this government is with spending! No more bailouts for those who screwed up! I grew up learning that you work hard for what you get that no one gives you a hand out. It is time to stand up for what this country is about!
Of recently I decided to start learning about the history of this wonderful country and have been shocked to see just how far we've come from what our founding fathers intended based on the Constitution. If you really want to see why these tea parties are going on read the Declairation of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America. Those two documents are the very reason I support the Tea Parties. I am only beginning to understand the real history of this country, but the more I read, the more I want to learn.

No comments: