Well Jay just passed another of his college classes! The last 8 weeks he took the upper level English class and it was a bear. Between our ER trips and his mini deployments we were hoping and praying that he would get at least a 80% for the class. He had this nasty research paper to do and the guidelines were some of the worst I've ever seen (and I've had bad ones before) and we didn't know if he was going to pass that part of the class. Well he did! He got a 220/250 on his research paper, which is really good considering his topic changed during the research part.
Jay had been planing on doing his paper on the changes the Navy made after the bombing of Pearl Harbor however as we were doing the research we discovered a even bigger find, FDR (president at that time) made sure the bombing happened and those who spoke up, from within the military, immedaitely lost their commisions and in some instances were even court marshaled. It became a very interesting paper once we changed gears (I was helping in the research phase of the paper since I had the time to help out). And so after turning it in and getting the grade on that monster Jay came out of the class with a 86%! Now all he has left is 20 credits until his bachelors is complete!
1 comment:
I'm glad he's getting closer to graduation!
Post a Comment