Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winter Ball

Over the weekend we went to the Nimitz winter ball.  They have free childcare so we didn't have to worry about what to do with the kids and were able to go and have a great time.  They do dinner, dancing and prizes.  It is something that I look forward to and it gives me a chance to sometimes meet other Nimitz wives, which I did.
Jay took this one of me.  Don't worry I'll post one of the two of us once I get a copy.
This is Kayla Johnsen (Jay's shipmate in his division, blue dress) and her best friend Amber.  Johnsen helped us out when we moved so I've gotten to know her a little bit before this.
This is David Wilson (a different division in Jay's department) and his wife (I don't remember her name)
This is Kris and Pamela Hughens.  He is in Jay's division too.  His wife runs an awsome site for Navy wives which I recently joined after she invited me to and have found that it will become a great lifeline when Jay is out on deployments and a great way to meet other Navy wives. 
We had another couple at our table, but never got a photo of them.  Mind you when we go to these things we're one of the very few people that aren't drinking so we get to watch everyone get very drunk.  It can be very entertaining to watch, but for the most part it is something we've gotten used to seeing as part of being in the Navy.  We tend to stand out, but that's okay.  Sadly this year we didn't win anything (last year Jay won an I-pod Itouch) since most of the prizes went to the air department.  The food was great and the company was very enjoyable.  These are all great people and it is so nice to see them outside of the ship.  Personally I can't wait for next years ball.

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Wow that looks like fun!

Mary said...

Military Balls can be so much fun...and watching everyone get wasted is always good entertainment ;o)