Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Project struggles

The other night Jay and I were talking about how long it has been since I worked on my writing projects and the reasons why I haven't.  Truth be told, I stopped writing after I had someone read them and attempted to take over my projects.  I had thought they were a friend and should have known better from past experiences of lack of honesty from this particular individual.  Thankfully Jay encouraged me to drop this person as a friend and encouraged me to make friends with some of the wives who have husbands on the Nimitz and I did.  But I never went back to my writing.  Jay asked me why it was that I hadn't started writing again and I ended up telling him how I felt about trusting people and having them hurt me.  He understands how hard that issue is for me and only encouraged me to get back into my projects.  So this year I think I will be starting up on them again, only the one is getting a fresh look.  Jay keeps hoping that the one writing project will get published one day and become a famous book, I just love writing and want to get it done so well see who's right.  Is it harder to start projects after those you trust hurt that trust?  I think it is.

No comments: