Thursday, October 9, 2008

100 posts or more

I saw this on my sister - in - law's blog and thought it was neat and felt it might be cool to try out. I've probibly done more than 100 posts by now, but this will only cover 100 things about me and my family.

1. I am the one who pays all the bills and does the finances for our house.
2. We have been a Navy family for 2 1/2 years.
3. Jay has been on 3 deployments in that time. One short, 2 long.
4. Kaden has Pervasive Development Disorder (PDD) which is a mild form of autisim.
5. I am a huge book worm, I read more than Jay ever has or probibly will.
6. I can remember more of what I've read than I can of my day to day life.
7. I love to write fiction when I have the time.
8. Kaden is going through extensive speech therapy.
9. Jay has been to Hong Kong (twice), Japan, South Korea, Bahrain, Singapore, India, Pearl Harbor, and Guam during his two long deployments.
10. Jay is a Petty Officer 3rd class and is working towards his 2nd class right now. Basically we're just waiting on his latest test results to come out.
11. Jay is an Electronics Technition for the Navy.
12. Jay has a radar that he works on while at work.
13. Jay's radar just got an upgrade last week and he got to help put the new upgrade on the radar tower. He loved doing that, even though the thought of him being up on the radar tower with just some safety lines holding him makes me nervous.
14. Jay loves his job in the Navy.
15. Jay gets a lot of respect from his Chiefs and 1st class Petty Officers. They are all higher ranks than him.
16. For the next deployment, next year, Jay may be placed in a supervisor role in the division.
17. I am a huge Glenn Beck fan.
18. I hate deployments. Especially the one coming up next year that will be a 6 month one.
19. Both Jay and I are working together on losing weight. We want to get healthy and in better shape than we are currently in. Me from the two pregnancies and Jay from the deployments and cranking.
20. I hated Jay cranking more than the deployments. Cranking was where he worked in the galley (kitchen) from 4:30 am - 7 pm, 5 days a week. I started having nightmares towards the end of this.
21. I hate exercising and anything dealing with being athletic.
22. We own an eleptical.
23. Kaden and Annabelle have no sibling rivalry.
24. Kaden has never been jealous of Annabelle.
25. Annabelle had been 29 days early and in the NICU for the first 5 1/2 days of her life.
26. Kaden had also been born early. He was 25 days early and just fine, other than having a issue of controling his body temperature.
27. Kaden is almost 4.
28. Annabelle will be one in a little over a week. This year has gone by so fast.
29. Annabelle was born right as the fires broke out all over San Diego county last year.
30. We survived last years massive fires, almost being evacuated, that broke out everywhere in the county. Over 50% of San Diego County was on fire.
31. Kaden is massively destructive. He has destroyed things Jay brought back from his deployments that were in my room as well as his own things.
32. Kaden can't have markers. He takes them to the walls, books, toys, Annabelle, his dresser, windows, doors, his bed, the carpet and himself.
33. Kaden can't have crayons. He will eat them. (All part of the autisim)
34. The kids love books.
35. We as a family love to read. The kids love when we read to them.
36. I love playing video games.
37. I love playing computer games.
38. I love big puzzles. The more complicated the better.
39. Jay and I love to play board games together.
40. Jay loves to play video games and computer games just as much as I do.
41. Jay and I love Japanese Animation.
42. Jay and I want to learn Japanese.
43. The one place we would love to be deployed to as a family would be Japan.
44. I love Asian decor. (My living room is decorated from all of the things Jay has brought back from Hong Kong.)
45. I have a real kamono and Chinese dress. (Jay brought them back from Hong Kong and Japan)
46. I love taking photos of the kids.
47. We love movies as a family.
48. I love to cook.
49. I can't make breakfast stuff. I can't make eggs, french toast or any thing like that.
50. Jay loves sushi. He tried in in Hong Kong and Japan and loves it.
51. Jay and I love chinese food.
52. Annabelle is almost walking.
53. Annabelle eats more than Kaden ever has.
54. Annabelle only weighs 7 pounds less than Kaden. (She is a chunk.)
55. Annabelle wears 18 month clothes and she isn't even one yet.
56. Kaden loves Transformers, Pirates, Cars, Star Wars, and Disney movies.
57. Kaden has been adicted to Star Wars since he was about 3-4 months old.
58. Kaden's favorite person is my sister Becca. A close second is her dog Foxy.
59. I can fix most computer problems without Jay's help. Usually he is on deployment when those issues come up.
60. We live in military housing and love it.
61. Kaden loves to play with Annabelle.
62. Annabelle follows Kaden around the house during the day.
63. Annabelle demands Jay pick her up when he first walks in the door. She will scream and cry if he doesn't. She is a major Daddy's girl.
64. I have learned how to speak french and Sign language. (Can't do much of either now. I'm out of practice.)
65. I love chocolate.
66. My favorite apples are now in season. Honey Crisp apples are the best.
67. All of our neighbors are Marines. I love the safety that I get by living around these guys.
68. We love going to Sea World as a family. It is just 20 min away from our place so we have season passes there.
69. Jay works on the very first super carrier, the USS Nimitz.
70. Kaden loves nursery at church. We normally can't get him to want to go home after church.
71. I have become a clean freek. I can't stand having a dirty house. (I've turned into my dad)
72. I am incredibly shy.
73. My favorite flower are roses. My grandmother loved them so much that my grandparents have over 75 different types of roses at their place. (Though my grandma has been dead for 14 years my grandpa has still kept them going)
74. At the end of every deployment Jay brings roses off the ship for me. A tradition with the ship.
75. The best part about deployments is the port visits when Jay and I webcam with one another.
76. I love Christmas and if I had my way I would have our place decorated before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately Jay wont let me until Thanksgiving weekend.
77. Jay love Halloween.
78. Kaden's favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Suess.
79. I never wear makeup. Actually I don't even own any.
80. I don't sleep when Jay is on duty or deployment. Not that I don't try to, I just can't sleep when he is gone.
81. I can play the piano
82. I love music
83. My favorite composer is Paul Cardall.
84. Jay and I love Japanese music
85. I am a life time member of a cooking club.
86. We grill all year long. Unless Jay is on deployment.
87. I have a bamboo plant that I have managed to keep alive.
88. I have never traveled outside of the US.
89. Jay and I have been married for almost 5 years, come Jan 09.
90. I like to scrapbook, when I have the time.
91. I can read about 3 books all at the same time and keep all of the story lines straight.
92. I love having my hair long, though I do occasionally cut it short.
93. Both of my kids sleep through the night.
94. I hate drs. Really, really hate them.
95. Kaden's favorite toys are Ploppers (his dog), Mickey Mouse (Jay brought back from Hong Kong Disney land), Thumper, monkey and Tigger.
96. Annabelle's favorite toys are Slush (her dog), bear, and Minnie Mouse (Again from Disney Land Hong Kong).
97. Both kids have favorite blankets made by Becca.
98. I have a middle name that most people can't pronounce.
99. Jay and I love the shows, Smallville, Bones, and The Unit.
100. I hate politics and politicians. I am usually yelling at the tv any more with the debates and the news.

Well that is just a little bit of our lives. I think my life is surrounded by my kids. I love them so its no big deal for me.

No comments: